Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pair o' docks

I have so little of an interest in shoes, it has to tip over the line into active contempt. I don't like wearing nice shoes, I think women who spend too much money/attention on shoes are foolish, and I think that going beyond the bounds of necessity and basic comfort for something we put on our FEET is beyond wasteful.

The only thing that seems stranger than women who fetishize shoes are MEN who fetishize shoes. Like the guys who get limited edition Jordans and all that jazz. And yet...I'm interested in the jockeying that shoe companies are doing to try and land elite basketball stars. If you like reading about basketball stuff, then check out this link detailing the upcoming sneaker wars (courtesy of TrueHoop, as so many of the NBA side stories I read are).

EDIT: There is a pun relating the title of this post to its content that I didn't even get until I posted it (and read it out loud). I love language!

No comments: